At Ello, our mission is to unlock the limitless potential within all children. We build delightful learner-centered experiences, which put children on a path of lifelong learning, creating the foundation for their future and ours.
Since the successful launch of our inaugural product, Read with Ello, in 2022, our business has seen tremendous growth. As we continue to expand and scale our business to reach new heights, we constantly face new and exciting challenges in our efforts to make Ello accessible to more children and learners.
As a Product Manager - Platform, you will be at the forefront of our company's growth and lead the design and development of systems and solutions that drive our core business operations. You will be partner to our NY-based Head of Operations, and work closely alongside our platform engineering team based in Nairobi, Kenya to develop new innovative solutions and elevate our platform systems. You will be the product owner for our customer onboarding platform, customer management portal (account, subscription and billing), and internal management platforms (warehouse operations, order systems, inventory, and logistics). This is a highly collaborative role that will provide deep exposure to the business while solving difficult technical problems of a rapidly scaling company.
As a key player in the product team, you will have the opportunity to shape the product culture and leave a lasting impact on the company. Your contributions will be vital to the success of the platform and elevating teams across the business. This role offers exceptional visibility and exposure to all aspects of the company, and provides opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
Exciting things about this role:
- Be one of the first members of our product team! 🎉
- Work with a diverse and exceptionally talented team, with opportunity to collaborate internationally/abroad ✈️
- Front row seat to experience how an early growth stage business works 👀
- Develop new solutions to drive scale 📈
- Work on important problems that directly impact the company and the customers ❗️
- Make a mark on the company and its culture 🙌
- 1-3 years of experience in product management or software development role.
- Track record building and delivering successful products and solutions.
- Incredible communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and product leadership skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Technical knowledge and experience collaborating with engineering teams to deliver complex solutions.
- Come from a software engineering background or equivalent technical experience.
- Past experience in areas such as platform infrastructure, productivity tools, payments or operations and logistics.
- Knowledge of operations platforms and systems (e.g. shipping, warehouse management, order management, inventory systems etc.).
- Technical mindset with ability to think through architecture design and navigate a techincal stack.
- Experience leading sprint schedules with technical teams in fast-paced, high-growth environments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Strong understanding of customer and business needs, experience using feedback to drive product decisions.
- Experience managing and coordinating integrations with 3rd party vendors and services.
- Are motivated by doing work that creates impact with delight.
- Are a self starter with a strong sense of ownership, and are driven to improve and elevate business processes that empower other teams.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and are able to adapt to change.
- Are highly organized and have an eye for detail.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Value building strong and meaningful relationships with their colleagues and teammates.
- Be part of a rapidly growing team with the chance to have a big voice.
- Tremendous opportunity for career growth on the back of demonstrated success.
- Do meaningful work supporting child development.
- Be part of an exceptional team, doing exceptional work.
Our first product is an AI reading coach that listens to a child read from real books. It uses evidence-based reading instruction to help them when they get stuck and behavioral psychology to motivate them to keep going.
Reading is the gateway to learning but unfortunately, many children do not receive the individualized support they need to become confident, capable and engaged readers. This creates a cycle where they find reading frustrating and, by avoiding it, fall further behind. Parents want to take action, but they don’t have the experience or time. Enter Ello, an expert coach that makes reading fun and breaks this cycle.
Ello’s founders have dedicated their careers to pioneering child development at Stanford, Google, and their own successful startups. We are backed by Y Combinator and leading US and European VCs including Human Capital, Project A Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Visible Ventures, Common Sense Media, Homebrew, WndrCo and K9 Ventures.
We’re a small, collaborative team that takes each other’s voices very seriously. Because our mission is to support all children, it is critical that our team is representative of the wider community; we place significant emphasis on ensuring diversity in our team and inclusion in our culture.
We want to create an environment in which we can all be our best selves, use our strengths to take Ello forward, and develop our own skills. We want to have fun while working hard to do impactful things that we’re proud of – we believe it’s possible to do both.
Please reach out to email@example.com! 😁